Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Filling up my wedding tank!


I love weddings. And when I say I love weddings I really mean it.

I begin my show of adoration for this event by keepsaking the invitation in a special folder I’ve labelled “Wedding Invitations” (if i've received an invitation to your wedding or engagement party be rest assured it didn't end up in the trash.)

Then after arranging what to do with the kids (whether they’re invited or not),agonising over what to wear and trying to squeeze in time to do my hair and makeup. I go prepared to take in all the details of the day & bask in the glow of the newly married couple. And planning those intricate details is never wasted in my opinion. It's the finer details that really get me excited.

At my friend Imogen's wedding last year (you can't miss me i'm the pregnant mamma). I loved her color scheme and her flowers were to die for! I couldn't stop looking at them. And her of coarse. She really did make the most stunning bride!



Honestly I know this is super weird but if I could; I would remarry Jimmi every year just so I could plan another wedding. Since this is neither a socially acceptable option nor a very practical one I simply look forward to the time I can plan my own daughter’s wedding. But seriously how long can a girl wait? I mean really…

Thank goodness my two very lovely, very industrious , very talented friends Emily and Carrie over at “A Darling Affair” are helping to fill my wedding void and are having their debut Wedding and Events Fair this Saturday. I can’t Wait.



Come sign up on the day to join in the tutorial i'll be holding of how to make these babies…

(http://www.polkadotbride.com/2012/01/tissue-paper-pom-pom-tutorial)/ 



Yep we’ve seen them everywhere pompoms are taking the decorating world by storm and they’re so easy, cost effective, eye catching and did I mention... easy.
 I really love how versatile they can be too.



You can do bright and bold for a child’s party, 



(http://www.alannahrose.com.au/blog/tag/tissue-paper-pom-poms/)




pretty and pastel for a nursery 


http://www.nurseryroomideas.co.uk/nursery-decoration-inspiration-ceilings 



soft and white hanging from trees at an outdoor wedding!


(http://www.kindred-spirits.com.au/2011/12/a-handmade-christmas-2/tree-pom-poms/)




Oh the possibilities!


(http://avintageparty.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/flowers-and-pom-poms.html)


Can't wait to meet you at the Darling Affair. Click here to purchase your tickets.





No comments: